1. Difference(s) in between FA solar powered roof ventilator and conventional wind turbine roof ventilator?
FA solar powered roof ventilator is approximately 15 times more powerful than any brand of conventional wind turbine roof ventilator (e.g. LomanGo, ForestWin, AustinVen and etc). This is because FA solar powered roof ventilator is an active ventilation system, and it’s powered by solar (or, sunlight) which activates its advanced brushless DC motor to run its fan blades. Comparatively, the conventional wind turbine roof ventilator which is passive, and powered by the wind which is less effective. A hot day means strong sunray but not necessarily strong wind. Mostly, it’s vice versa – strong wind, with chilly weather.
2. How long it takes to install a unit of FA solar powered roof ventilator?
Approximately an hour is required.
3. Is it working at night?
FA solar powered roof ventilator works during day time from 7 am to 7 pm whenever there is source of heat. We don’t find the necessity to have it works at night as the heat has been exhausted out by FA solar powered roof ventilator during day time. You feel hot at night time mainly due to heat being trapped in the attic space during day time, and it flows down to the living space during night time (or, during temperature is low at the living space).
4. How to know does it functioning?
You can look at the fan blades during day time via manhole, or you definately can feel the different (i.e. effectiveness and efficeincy of FA solar powered roof ventilator, in precise) before and after installation.
5. What is the warranty period?
25 years warranty from its date of purchase.
6. Can modify it, and add-on a power adapter in order to make it functioning at night time?
To add-on a power adopter for 24 hours usage is possible. Nevertheless, it is highly not encouraged by FA to force its DC motor to run in this way.
7. Does FA solar powered roof ventilator works during rainy day(s)?
Yes, as long as there is sunlight. However, sunlight intensity is lesser compare to hot day. Hence, its fan blades will move slightly slower. Anyway, heat build up at attic spece is lesser too during rainy day(s).
8. Is there any cost of maintenance to be incurred in near future?
Zero cost of maintenance as its solar panel is self cleanable by rain water. Also, please do not hesitate to contact FA Customer Care hotline +6018-282 1828 for cleaning and checking of its solar panel, fan blades and other electrical parts every 5 years, for free!
9. After opening louver(s) at the ceiling, will the heat trapped in the attic space pass through plaster ceiling go down into rooms?
Teoritically, hot air / heat will rise up, and cold air will go down. Especially after installing the FA solar powered roof ventilator, you have nothing to worry at all.
10. I am afraid of roof leakage after install!
We have a team of Engineers / Installers (which are hired under our Associated Company i.e. FA Metal Works) with 40+ years experience in roofing works. They are specialists in providing roof leakage solutions throughout Peninsular Malaysia. Anyhow, 3 years roof leakage warranty are granted to you from its date of purchase.
11. Can FA solar powered roof ventilator be installed on all roof tiles?
Yes, with the exception of RC slab and glass.
12. Will my air-cond being exhausted out after opening louver / air vent at my ceiling?
Teoritically, hot air / heat will rise up, and cold air will go down. Since those hot air / heat near to the ceiling are being exhausted out through the louver, your air-cond will take shorter time & lesser energy to cool down the room temperatture. Many proven cases where existing users of FA solar powered roof ventilator feel satisfied with it.